Brennden and Charity came running to the back door today yelling, "We did it! We're bird killers." Dustin and I jump up to see what they are talking about. There is Brennden at the doorstep with a dead bird. At first we thought it was one that had blown out of the tree and died earlier, but we were wrong. It wasn't even stiff yet. Brennden said he stepped on it. "Now we can cook it and eat it." He was so excited. He thought he had just caught dinner for us. I was grossed out. Needless to say, we took care of it and made the kids come wash their hands.
3 comments:
I laughed when you guys called the parents to tell them about it.. I can totally see Brennden being all proud about it. So cute
I'm not sure why I'm laughing, but oh my goodness!! Perhaps Brennden's dad likes to hunt & that's why he thinks it neat to kill a bird for dinner?? Oh, wait, he IS Dustin's son! Ha ha ha
Maybe I shouldn't feel this way, but that is the cutest story!!
Post a Comment