Saturday, April 26, 2008

Breaking In

So, on Tuesday I invited Heather over to hang out for a few. And hang out is what we did. We hung outside because I locked us outside. She brought over some bubbles for Brennden so we went out back to play. And that's how it all started.


This is the stick that I put in the glass door to keep Brennden from getting out. We propped the stick up and went out. I then decided to shut the door (not thinking) and the stick fell right into place. After going around the house and checking windows and doors we decided that the back door was the only way to get back in. Heather went to her car and gathered all the materials that she had to try and use for the break in.


These are all the tools that we used. After much trial and error we found that the hangers, when broken, were the best tools. An hour (yes and hour) later Heather was able to maneuver a hanger under the door and push the stick out of the way. That was not what I had in mind for hanging out, but it was and adventure and it gave us something to laugh about. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

4 comments:

Keri said...

What a pain. Glad you were able to get back in. We've learned to have a key hidden just in case we get locked out...because it's also happened to us before...multiple times.

Unknown said...

Now that I think back on it.. it was kind of fun.. and def a new experience!! lets just not do it again!

Dixie said...

What? No bailing wire?

Good job girlees!

Unknown said...

LOL glad you made it....it's interesting learning how to break into your own house....