If you didn't already know I am the second councilor in primary. Today was our Primary Breakfast for church (obviously), and I'm so glad it is over. We have almost all new teachers for the new year and the way we do primary is changing to so we thought we should get the kids and teachers together so that they could get to know each other and know where they are supposed to go. Almost all of the active kids came, which is only like 60 but still. I had to go the the church to help set up the primary room. We couldn't set up for the breakfast because they guys were going to be playing basketball in the morning. Or so we thought. Poor Dustin. I let him know that there was going to be basketball at 6:30 so he got up to go and only 2 others showed up. To make it worse, there wasn't a ball. I had to be there at 7:30 so I got up at 6:30 to get me and the kids ready. We had to set up the kitchen and the breakfast area. We then had a meeting with the teachers to hand out the new manuals and let them know about the changes we made. (JR and SR are going to meet together for opening exercises so that we don't have to do them twice, and we moved all the classes to one end of the hall instead of spread out all over the place). Then we had breakfast. After everyone was done eating we had them meet in the Primary Room so that the kids could see where their new seats were, then they went to their new classrooms. We had volunteers clean up the breakfast for us thank goodness. We still have to put up the new monthly board but we were all too tired so we went home. All and all I was at the church from 7:30 till noon with plenty of noisy kids. I now have a headache the size of earth and am very tired. Don't think I'll get a nap in though because there are still plenty of things to do around the house. Laundry being the main one.
3 comments:
Wow, what a big undertaking. Nice that you can combine jr and sr for sharing time, though! Jenna's screaming...gotta go.
Thats how we do Primary...they all meet for opening, do b-days, visitors and the Article of Faith song. After, JR goes to class and SR has sharing time...then obviously they switch! Way to go for having a big breakfast like that. 60 kids is quite a bit - I think ours is around 40...
I think you actually have a big Primary! What a great thing you did having the breakfast. I am impressed. It sounds like you will be of great worth to your President and the kids!
Post a Comment