Today I went in to work early so that I could meet a customer in Cuba. About 35 miles out of Bloomfield I had a suprise that really woke me up, I was driving about 75 mph and all of a sudden a deer jumped from the other side of the highway and in mid jump saw me coming. In a split second the deer decided to turn around, but oops it slipt and fell. Mean while I was about to crap my pants thinking about how bad it was going to mess up my truck, but much to my pleasure the deer fell facing my truck and my tire met her head and continued up her back leaving a not to pretty sight on the highway and sending Roger and I flying out of our seats (Roger weights about 350 lbs) and hit our heads on the roof. After catching my breath I pulled over to assess the damage and much to my pleasure there was no body damage at all, not even the mud on the bumper was knocked off. Talk about relief and not the r-o-l-a-i-d-s kind either. It did break a shock and knocked out my alignment but hey who needs a truck that rides smooth and drives straight anyway?
5 comments:
wow, that could have been really bad!! glad you're safe!
Wow! That sounds scary. I'm so glad it wasn't worse. Deer are not too road savy. Remember when the deer ran directly into the side of our van?
you have really good luck when it comes to deer!
gROSS
How scary! And gross! Glad it ended well for you. Sorry it didn't end well for the deer, though.
Post a Comment