Saturday, May 8, 2010

Ponca City

At the request of most everyone we went around town and took some pictures of the area so you will have an idea of what it looks like.


Our Home

Lake Street

14th Street

Pioneer Women Statue

Whitetail Buck

West Lake Ponca

West Lake Ponca through the trees

Road to West Lake Ponca. You cant see it but there is a golf course on the other side of the lake.

Kaw Lake to the right

Oh, Look Kaw Lake is on the left too (it is actually almost 50 miles long)

Highway 11 to Kaw Lake

Highway 77 just out of Ponca City

Highway 77 towards Newkirk and Kansas

A field near our home

So to recap, it you like museums and that kind of stuff come visit.
If you like fishing come visit.
If you like the lake come visit.
If you like hunting come visit.
If you like touristy stuff come visit.
If you like the color green come visit.
If you like to golf come visit.
If you want to hear the Thursday tornado siren test, come visit (there have been more tornados in San Juan County than in Ponca since 1960)
If you want to hug some trees go to Mars.
Or if you just want to see your favorite people who lives in Ponca City come visit.

We will post pictures of our home once we get it all cleaned up.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

Kind of reminds me of NY.. except its more flat. Cute little house. Glad you guys got there all safe!

Unknown said...

I love all the Green!

Keri said...

Loved the little tour. It looks nice there. I can't wait to come visit someday.

Dustin and Angie said...

We are planning on everyone coming to visit in September or October for the baby blessing, depending on what hunts everyone draws for.

Anonymous said...

It looks so pretty! I love that there is no red dirt!!

Anonymous said...

I think your house is cute, not as yellow as I thought you said. Hope that one day I can come vistit looks like a nice place.

Unknown said...

Are there tatanka in Ponca?

It looks beautiful! Glad you're all settled in!

I didn't know there were trees on Mars...

Dustin and Angie said...

no buffalo in Ponca, but on the way to Kaw (10 miles) there is a ranch sign that say it raises buffalo. The trees on mars are red so that they are harder to see from earth. Once you get there you need to look really close to find them.

Dixie said...

Ohhh. Green! Thanks for the pics. Wish we could come in October, but that 18 hour drive, each way, will have to be made another time. I nominate Oklahoma for the next family reunion!