Yesterday Brennden and I went for a walk to check the mail. On the way there Brennden kept asking to go to his friends house. I felt bad because I haven't been able to get a hold of our play date pals. I started thinking, 'Boy do I need to get back into the habit of reading my scriptures and reading Brennden's to him. Then I can pray for help in finding a friend and the Lord would help me to find one.' No sooner had a thought this than a neighbor from our ward stepped out of her house and stopped me. She invited us in for a little while and got my number because some of the families in the ward get together on the weekends to play games and during the week some of the mom's get together and go to a privately owned park. I was thrilled to be invited into a group of stay-at-home moms! She is only a few years older than me and has a boy that is almost 3 that Brennden enjoyed playing with. I wasn't expecting such an immediate answer to my prayer, but I am VERY grateful for it. I am so happy to have been able to find a home in a place where there are younger families in the neighborhood and in the ward. And I feel very comfortable in saying that the reason I feel it took so long to find a home was so that we would be able to get into a neighborhood like this one where we have the opportunity to meet and get to know other young couples.
3 comments:
What a blessing. I know you have really needed to have some friends around for both you and Brennden, so I'm so happy that your prayers were answered. :)
That's great Angie :) I'm so glad! It's nice the way things worked out for you and now you both have friends close by :)
I'm really glad to hear that you have a good ward & neighborhood
Post a Comment