Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Driving

I guess Heather will get a little taste of how it is to be on the road all the time. For those of you that dont know I drive 9 miles from Aztec to Bloomfield, then 107 miles to Montezuma Creek and then anywhere from 30 to 60 miles running around Montezuma Creek, that makes 131 to 146 miles, and that is only half way. So, by the end of the day if I havent gone anywhere else after work that is 262 to 292 miles a day. That makes 1310 to 1460 miles and thats just Monday to Friday. Saturdays I usually end up going to Bayfield for anywhere between 100 and 150 miles. Then if i go to Mom and Dads on Sunday which i usually do, it is another 65 miles. This makes for anywhere from 68120 to 76135 miles a year. And that doesnt include going to town to run errands and dates which can take up to another 100 miles a week for up to 5200 miles a year making 81335 miles.
Now comes the matter of fuel. I spend on average $68.00 Tuesday thru Friday, and usually $100.00 on Mondays and $60.00 every other week for fuel for my personal truck. On saturdays I usually put in $45.00. Which makes for $435.00 a week and $22,620 a year. Granted only $1,560 is paid for by myself, but you still get the point. Now comes the tires, since I have been doing this drive i have gone thru a set of tires, and that was only 5 months. so to put new tires on the truck it is about $800.00, so at 2 and a half sets a year that is $2000.00. And how is this all paid for? well i assume you see oil prices on the news, well lets see what my part is on keeping them up that high.
I charge $1.00 per mile and bill 1400 miles a week. I also charge $98.00 an hour for the first 40 hours and then $147.00 therafter. I work on average 80 hours a week for $9800.00. I also charge $0.17 per square inch of film, with about 750 square inches a day and 4500 square inches a week for a total of $765.00. so lets see what that adds up to, $11,965.00 per week and $622,180 a year. And people wonder why oil costs so much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

wow. wow. wow. That's crazy! When you jot all the numbers down like that it's really an eye opener! You spend a lot of time on the road!

Keri said...

Do you ever get sick of driving so much? I guess you're getting paid for it, so that makes it easier. I hope you're putting all of those miles on a work vehicle!

Tiffany said...

i just want to fall asleep when i drive.

Unknown said...

yeah.. that doesn't sound fun.. but at least most of the time its not comming out of your own pocket for gas!!