Sunday, October 16, 2011

Lost and Found

Friday night our ward was having a fish fry and a camp out. Although I wasn't going to brave the camp out alone with 3 kids, I did go to the fish fry. The kids ran around and had lots of fun. I even got a few good pictures. It got dark but we stayed for roasted marshmallows and glow in the dark Frisbee. That's when things went south. Brennden got mad and tossed his glasses. In the dark. Outside. Plenty of people got out their flashlights and helped me look for them, but it was like looking for a needle in a haystack. I had a lovely 30 min drive home to stew over the glasses. Keep in mind that he is currently of pair 4 for the year. We did have 1/2 a pair at home. (he lost a lens at football practice one day) so I thought maybe we could order just one lens. I would have to wait for Monday to order them though so I just stopped thinking about them.
Then, Sunday morning someone walks up to me and handed over Brennden's glasses. One of their kids had found them Saturday morning! What luck. I thought for sure they would never be found. And they weren't even scratched up (more than they were in the first place that is). Needless to say, I was very happy.

Here are a few pics of the night.
Charity had a blast 'climbing' this tree for an hour.



Favorite pic of Dalin there.

The boys playing Frisbee.

3 comments:

Keri said...

Whew, what a blessing that his glasses were found. Dalin looks so big, and Brennden looks so big in the picture with both of them!

Unknown said...

wow.. finding the glasses must have been an answer to prayers! That must be frustrating having to get new pair after new pair.
It looks like a fun activity.. and it looks like you are still having really nice weather! Enjoy it while it last

Dixie said...

so glad someone found the glasses!! the kids cute enough to squeeze!!