Today I had the most interesting day at work I have ever had. I was working at the store for Tiff and Chad. All was normal until about 8:15 pm. I went to "Frank's" apartment to do a collection. 7:45 pm I had been by earlier in the evening and left a notice and drove by and had seen that the notice was down so I decided to stop and wait to see if I could see any signs of life coming from the house. I parked in the parking lot and saw 2 teenages leave the house. I waited until they went in to confirm that someone was in the house. 8:15 knocked on the door heard people inside and knocked several more times. 8:17 The neighbor comes out and asked who I am and what I was doing. I told him I was there to talk with Frank. 8:17:30 The neighbor came up the stairs and asked when I was going to leave and that I woke up his daughter. I informed him I would be there until I talked to Frank or, 9 pm whichever came first. 8:17:45 The neighbors chollos all came out and wanted to fight. The first guy asked if I was always this rude, I apologized and started looking for an escape route but found none. The guys then started with the threats, which included a gun and the most severe beating I had ever recieved. and then retreated to the bottom of the stairs to wait for me to come down. 8:20 Violet called and asked if I were able to get into the home. I informed her that I had not and the guys had threatened me and I felt she should call the cops after I informed her of the situation. 8:22 Sirens in the distance 8:23 911 dispatcher calls and asks were I am and informed me several officers were on the way 8:24 The police show up and all the chollos are nuetralized at gun point and the 911 dispatcher was rudely hung up on as the gun came my way. 8:26 the 8th officer, yup the 8th showed up and began knocking on Franks door. 8:27 after the police threaten to break down the door the door opens. 8:28-8:30 the police search the home of Frank and the chollos, finding 1 loaded pistol in the chollo residence and 6 loaded guns in Franks home. 8:30-8:45 the police question everybody and figure everything out as best they can. 8:50 the police tell me that Frank had given the ok for me to enter his home and do the repo. 9:00 my back up showed up (Jaime) to help me carry the HUGEST couch I had ever seen. By 10:00 we had all the couches loaded, back at the store and everything put in place.
3 comments:
Not the kind of exciting days you dream about, right?! So glad you had Violet and Jamie to help. And the cops, too! Just promise you won't go back to that apartment complex!
Thanks and sorry. I dont like the "chollo" label. The glory of collections, you now have a story to tell.
Awww suck :( Sounds rough. I'm sorry. Glad you got everything worked out at the end of the day though. I wouldn't have been gutsy enough to stay and see it through!
Post a Comment