Monday, June 15, 2009

Brennden's 1st Swim Lesson

Today Brennden started his swim lessons. I decided he needs them because he is afraid of falling in the water. First we were late because the bank was so slow. In fact, I left twenty minutes early and arrived eight minutes late and I didn't even get to deposit the money because the bank was so slow that I left the line.

Brennden went ahead and got into the pool with all the other kids. I could tell he was nervous just by the look on his face. It was borderline terrified. But he soon calmed down and started to enjoy himself. He learned how to paddle his arms and how to kick from his stomach and his back. I was surprised that he was even doing what the lady said to do because I could tell he was scared.

Then it started to go down hill. They had him jump on the pool from the side, and he actually did it. But then they pulled out a slide. Now let me go back a few weeks to when we took him down the big slide and the city pool. We didn't tell him to close his mouth and plug his nose when he got to the bottom so he got a lung full of water. Now he is afraid of pool slides. So they let him get out and get warmed up. After the slide they jumped into the pool once more from the diving board and then they were done so he didn't really miss out on much.

Then the really embarrasing thing. Brennden had told me he peed in his swim suit right after getting out of the pool but there wasn't much I could do at the time and it's not like anyone would notice since he was already all wet. But apparently he was done. He started to go around the side of the house to where I couldn't see him, so I called for him. He didn't come so I called again. Then one of the other moms came up to me and told me he was going potty. And he was. In the dirt. Not only was he peeing in the dirt by the swim instructors house, but he hasn't mastered the 'pull down the front part only.' He was bare butt and all where everyone could see him. I guess everyone will remember who we are tomorrow. Oh the joys of motherhood.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

That is hilarious!! All of it!!
Hopefully he gets over his fear of the slide.. thats the best part.

Sam And Jen said...

that's my boy its all about the freedom and being in the open air lol

Keri said...

I'm sure all little boys have had experiences like that. Too funny!

Nalene said...

That is so cute! I am sorry he is afraid of slides. Hopefully, he will get over it soon, but I love the potty part of the story. Brennden is too cute and so innocent!

Dixie said...

Gotta love the bare bottoms. I have a picture of Jake doing that in the park. Totally funny. He hates the picture!